Sunday, August 8, 2010

I invented cookies!


Okay. So saying I invented cookies is a bit of a stretch, as I've only been on this earth for 28 years (this life anyway.... who knows, If past lives are real maybe I did invent cookies.... O.o :D) I did however make this recipe up this morning after stairing at the oh so near spoiling berries in my fridge.

So behold. Oatmeal Berry Breakfast Cookies!

Ingredients!
1 cup room temp butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 TbspVanilla
2 cups Oats (not the quick cook type)
2 Tbsp baking powder
2 cups flour
3/4 cups Blueberries
1/2 cup raspberries

Preheat the oven to 350`F. Cream the butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, slightly betten and mix until incorperated. Add the vanilla and mix again. In a seperate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder and oats, then add to the butter mixture. Stir only until it just comes together. Add the berries and mix until incorperated.
Place heaping tablespoons of the dough onto parchment lined baking sheets (the parchment helps prevent excessive washing of the pans as well as sticking.. who like washing dishes anyway?) I was only able to fit 3-4 cookies per pan as they spread quite a bit. Bake for 15 minutes or until dark but not burnt. This recipe works best if over cooked just a tiny bit, like 2 minutes beyond what you think is done.


The next time I make these I might add 1/2 cup more flour, some nuts and chunks of cream cheese. Then they'll be a well rounded breakfast cookie.

Enjoy!

Playing along with Skip to my Lou! Click around to find some great inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment